[nas] Re: Configuring NAS and libaudiooss

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Jan 23 18:17:00 MST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Janyne Kizer wrote:

> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:42:53 -0500
> From: Janyne Kizer <janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu>
> To: "nas at radscan.com" <nas at radscan.com>
> Subject: Re: [nas] Re: Configuring NAS and libaudiooss
>
> Thanks a lot.  For testing I added /usr/X11R6/bin to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> (figuring that if it worked I'd update the necessary files and if it
> didn't, oh well).  That did help but nasd is still not loading.
>
> This is what I did:
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/
> export AUDIOSERVER=myxtermipaddress:0.0
> export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/libaudiooss.so.1.0

                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

	Shouldn't this be LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/lib/libaudiooss.so.1.0 ?

> audemo works now (no more libaudio.so.2 error), however other sound
> making programs do not.

	So by 'works now' you mean you get sound on your HMX, right?  This
is good.

> When I start nasd I am continuting to get this.  I am looking into this
> problem but any suggestions would be appreciated.

	Since, in effect your HMX is a nas server, you do not need to run
nasd at all (as basically, nasd is built into the HMX itself) - so you can
just ignore that side of the problem, ie: don't worry about nasd - you
don't need it.

	When you say that other sound programs do not work, what do you
mean by this? Do you get some specific error?

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.