[nas] NAS client server sound question

admin at mmri.us admin at mmri.us
Sun Nov 25 08:47:52 MST 2007

Thanks Paul,
Though it is what it does, that is why I got interested in it.

1) FYI
On Vanilla new install FC7 nasd do not start;
[init.d]#  ./nasd status
nasd dead but subsys locked
[init.d]#

Otherwise:
2) My big problem is to have sound from my applications called in e.g.
mozilla/Firefox/seamonkey to have sound on the remote terminal when the
browser runs on server.
In the past (Netscape 4.79) I could just configure helpers  (e.g.
realplay %s) and the browser would forward the stream or USRL to the
remote relaplayer.
It does not work that way anymore as the entire mozilla development
seemingly becomes less Unix and therefore I look for a better solution
(hoepful for NAS).

3) So, you are saying that if I run nasd on the remote terminals and I
start a (compatible) program on the server from the remote terminal,
that sound will be streamed to the remote terminal sound-card? That is
exactly what I need. Should nasd also be started on the server?