[nas] Re: help with using sox with nas-piping sound

Dave Richards drichard at largo.com
Fri Oct 4 15:09:38 MDT 2002

Okay all, I have to jump in here. ;)

   I have always thought that it would be way cool to run Xawtv over to
a remote display, but just assumed (maybe incorrectly) that it was doing
a low level open of the local video card on the console and would not
work on a remote display.   Are you saying that you are getting the
video to go over there??   What does it look like if it works.  We have
400 NCD thin clients here with NAS, and have always thought it would be
cool to build a tv server host, build a Linux system, with 4 PCI/WinTV
cards and then be able to distribute them out to any of the 400
terminals.

Thanks for any info!
Dave

--