[nas] License clarification
ppisar at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 06:07:02 MDT 2013
while reviewing nas-1.9.4 sources for license terms, I found following files
which disagree with license terms stated in the README file:
(1) server/dda/hpux/auhpux.h: unclear commercial use prohibition:
> This program may be used freely within the UK academic community, but it
> must not be used for commercial gain without the written permission of the
> EMail : cgu-info at cgu.mcc.ac.uk
(2) doc/xcon94slide.ps: All rights reserved (Frame Technology Corporation):
> % FrameMaker PostScript Prolog 3.0, for use with FrameMaker 3.0
> % Copyright (c) 1986,87,89,90,91 by Frame Technology Corporation.
> % All rights reserved.
(3) doc/overview.ps: All rights reserved (Network Computing Devices)
(4) doc/library.ps: All rights reserved (Network Computing Devices)
(5) doc/title.ps: All rights reserved (Network Computing Devices)
These files contain the same declaration as (2) and in addition:
> % Copyright 1993 Network Computing Devices, Inc. All rights reserved.
> % An unpublished work.
I believe (3)--(5) is only a mistake by NCD but with strict resolution, the
files cannot be distributed because of `all rights reserved' clause.
Is any chance these issues could be somehow resolved by NAS developers side?
These issues prevent software distributors, like various GNU/Linux
distributions, to deliver original NAS to theirs users.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 230 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the nas