[nas] NAS to use as a tool to help blind users to remotely use the pc?

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Sun Jul 22 14:14:11 MDT 2012

On Sat, 21 Jul 2012, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am Simon and i am blind.
>
> I have a special question for you here.
>
> As a blind person i can't see things that are displayed on the screen. so i
> can't use remote control software.
> but our computers are often equipped with a software speech synthesizer which
> outputs its speech using the computers sound card.
> so i wonder if nas could help me there to make the audio forward from the pc
> i am controlling with a different software to send me the audio signal which
> the remote machine is playing.

I used to use the festival speech synthesizer with NAS, it was
supported and worked well.  I am not sure if that's what you are
getting at, but if the software can make use of NAS... That will be
the sticky part.

--
Jon Trulson

"It is a syntax error to write FORTRAN while not wearing a blue tie."
          - James Iry's blog, "brief incomplete and mostly wrong"