[nas] nas on Mac OS X?

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:54:43 MST 2011

On 1/24/11 2:57 PM, Erik Auerswald wrote:

> Ray, could you please verify if the attached patch results in
> 1) adding -lXau to the linking of libaudio.so (see above)
Let me start from scratch and apply your patch....

Yes, libaudio.so is linked with -lXau.  And otools -L (the OSX
equivalent of ldd) shows that libaudio.so depends on libXau.
> 2) still results in a broken build on OS X?
The clients are still broken.  For example, auplay is linked against the
static libaudio.a, not the dynamic libaudio:

/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -o auplay auplay.o -Os -DSTARTSERVER -Wall
-Wpointer-arith -no-cpp-precomp     -L/opt/local/lib
../../../lib/audio/libaudio.a -lXt -lSM -lICE -lXext -lX11 -lm
Undefined symbols:
  "_XauGetBestAuthByAddr", referenced from:
      __AuConnectServer in libaudio.a(ConnSvr.o)
  "_XauDisposeAuth", referenced from:
      __AuConnectServer in libaudio.a(ConnSvr.o)

So, I guess the configuration is not using shared libraries as it should
or we need to add -lXau when building the clients.

I guess this is because when I run make World, I get warnings from
NetAudio.tmpl that SharedLibX is not defined.  I do see, though, that
darwinLib.tmpl has #define HasSharedLibraries YES.

Ray