[nas] nas on Mac OS X?

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Mon Jan 24 12:57:31 MST 2011

Hi Ray,

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 01:15:25PM -0500, Raymond Toy wrote:
> On 1/24/11 12:01 AM, Jon Trulson wrote:
> > On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, Raymond Toy wrote:
> >> On 1/22/11 7:41 AM, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> > [...]
> >>
> >> Yes.  In config/NetAudio.tmpl, I added -lXau to the AUDIOLIBS line.
> >
> >   NetAudio.tmpl?  I think that should instead be a libaudio dependancy
> >   in lib/audio/Imakefile
> >
> >   See lines 147-151.  Probably just need to proper defined() added to
> >   the #if statement to set the XAULIB dependancy...?
> >
> >   REQUIREDLIBS probably also needs to be set (line 158).
> >
> Making those changes doesn't really change anything though.  The demo
> programs aren't linked with -lXau.

I have verified that the lines mentioned by Jon control if libaudio.so is
(explicitely) linked with libXau.so. On Linux (Debian/Sid) this seems to be
superfluous, NAS builds without -lXau, probably because libXt.so links to
libXau.so (possibly via libX11.so). [Checked using ldd on the .so files.]

The clients are never directly linked against libXau.so:
# standard build with XAULIB = -lXau on linux
$ make World 2>&1 | fgrep -- -lXau
+ gcc -m32 -o ./libaudio.so.2.4~ -shared -Wl,-soname,libaudio.so.2
AlibAsync.o Alibint.o AuErrDes.o AuFreeEData.o CloseSvr.o ConnSvr.o
CrFlow.o DesFlow.o Flush.o HandleEv.o IDOfEvent.o KillClient.o NextEvent.o
OpenSvr.o ReqEvent.o ScanEvents.o ScanTEvent.o SetElState.o GetElState.o
SetElement.o GetElement.o SvrName.o Sync.o Xtutil.o ReadEl.o WriteEl.o
Util.o SetElParms.o GetDevAttr.o SetDevAttr.o CrBucket.o DesBucket.o
GetBucAttr.o ListBucket.o ListDevice.o GetSvrTime.o SetClsDwnMd.o
GetClsDwnMd.o convutil.o fileutil.o monitor.o bcache.o globals.o Astreams.o
ErrHndlr.o snd.o wave.o voc.o aiff.o 8svx.o sound.o soundlib.o mutex.o
-L/usr/lib -lXt -lXau -lm -lc

Ray, could you please verify if the attached patch results in
1) adding -lXau to the linking of libaudio.so (see above)
2) still results in a broken build on OS X?

If the build is still broken could you post the actual error message,
please?

Thanks,
Erik