[nas] nas and adobe's libflashsupport

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Apr 22 12:36:48 MDT 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009, Paul Fox wrote:

> i've implemented the NAS client code for libflashsupport.so,
> using some minimal client code i stole from mpg123 as a template.
> it seems to work, mostly (see below).  if i install my
> libflashsupport.so in /usr/lib, and run firefox with the a couple
> of env variables which force it to choose NAS rather than
> something else (the library has a probe and search mechanism that
> will usually find native sound before networked sound), then my
> audio goes to nasd.
>
> i say "mostly", above, because i've tested locally, and between
> several pairs of machines, and there's one nasd server that
> reliably dies with "explicit kill or server shutdown", and the
> server dies:
>    Apr 21 14:53:12 jade kernel:  [262066.900419] nasd[1046]:
> 	segfault at 16 ip b7e37a73 sp bfd4caa0 error 4 in
> 	    libasound.so.2.0.0[b7dea000+c3000]
>
> all of my nasd servers are 1.9.1.  i guess i'll have to build
> a copy and debug.
>
> if anyone would like to try my libflashsupport.so, please let
> me know, and i can send you either a binary, or a patch against
> http://tcosproject.org/git/libflashsupport.git

   That's pretty interesting - especially since you took a stab at it
   :)  I'd love to see both the patch and the lib so I can try it out
   here.

   As for the crash above - this seems... interesting.  nasd uses OSS,
   however the crash listed above happened in libasound, which I
   believe is an ALSA lib...?

--
Happy cheese in fear                 | Jon Trulson
against oppressor, rebel!            | mailto:jon at radscan.com
Brocolli, hostage.       -Unknown    | A828 C19D A087 F20B DFED