[nas] nas and adobe's libflashsupport

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Tue Apr 21 16:34:30 MDT 2009

i've implemented the NAS client code for libflashsupport.so,
using some minimal client code i stole from mpg123 as a template.
it seems to work, mostly (see below).  if i install my
libflashsupport.so in /usr/lib, and run firefox with the a couple
of env variables which force it to choose NAS rather than
something else (the library has a probe and search mechanism that
will usually find native sound before networked sound), then my
audio goes to nasd.

i say "mostly", above, because i've tested locally, and between
several pairs of machines, and there's one nasd server that
reliably dies with "explicit kill or server shutdown", and the
server dies:
    Apr 21 14:53:12 jade kernel:  [262066.900419] nasd[1046]:
	segfault at 16 ip b7e37a73 sp bfd4caa0 error 4 in
	    libasound.so.2.0.0[b7dea000+c3000]

all of my nasd servers are 1.9.1.  i guess i'll have to build
a copy and debug.

if anyone would like to try my libflashsupport.so, please let
me know, and i can send you either a binary, or a patch against
http://tcosproject.org/git/libflashsupport.git

paul