[nas] Proposal for better project page & wiki

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Sun Jun 10 13:23:22 MDT 2007

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

> A bit more ontopic post from me to this list this time (I'd almost feel bad if
> not contribute anything useful after the other thread). :)

   A new thread! Yay! :)

> I started to get involved in a project yesterday that is very interesting
> etc., but completely lacks any proper project page, organizing or anything
> else that might be of interest to people as well as improve visibility and
> contribution. While this project is a lot better as it actually has a bit
> more active project page as well as a mailing list, a better project page for
> bug reporting, request, submission of patches, public development repository,
> easy tracking of issues etc. would aid this project a lot.
>
> This would of course make things even more open as well as drawing interest
> from others.

   Agreed.

> Something like a sourceforge project page with svn and as well as setting up a
> wiki would be of great benefit. I do realize that this project doesn't have
> the highest activity/traffic and that people due to this might not have felt
> such a need for this, but it would still make it easier for people to
> contribute, get info etc. and therefore probably improve many stuff
> overall. :)
>
> I for one really love how the use of wikis has so greatly improved peoples
> contribution to projects, especially for those who isn't the most skilled at
> coding, but is great at other stuff that devels just isn't at good at or
> finds interesting!
>
> I volunteer for the task at setting up such stuff if noone else wants to. :)

   I think it's a great idea... I had already started the process of
   applying at SF a couple months ago... Your email prompted me to
   complete it :)  Pending approval, hopefully we'll get an SF project.

   As for a wiki, I do not know much about running one, nor do I really
   like the idea of CGI on my webserver :)  If you have a place (and
   the skillz) to set one up, please do...  I think a useful wiki would
   be great.

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:jon at radscan.com