[nas] Proposal for better project page & wiki

Per Øyvind Karlsen pkarlsen at mandriva.com
Sat Jun 9 19:56:11 MDT 2007

A bit more ontopic post from me to this list this time (I'd almost feel bad if
not contribute anything useful after the other thread). :)

I started to get involved in a project yesterday that is very interesting
etc., but completely lacks any proper project page, organizing or anything
else that might be of interest to people as well as improve visibility and
contribution. While this project is a lot better as it actually has a bit
more active project page as well as a mailing list, a better project page for
bug reporting, request, submission of patches, public development repository,
easy tracking of issues etc. would aid this project a lot.

This would of course make things even more open as well as drawing interest
from others.

Something like a sourceforge project page with svn and as well as setting up a
wiki would be of great benefit. I do realize that this project doesn't have
the highest activity/traffic and that people due to this might not have felt
such a need for this, but it would still make it easier for people to
contribute, get info etc. and therefore probably improve many stuff
overall. :)

I for one really love how the use of wikis has so greatly improved peoples
contribution to projects, especially for those who isn't the most skilled at
coding, but is great at other stuff that devels just isn't at good at or
finds interesting!

I volunteer for the task at setting up such stuff if noone else wants to. :)

WDYT?
--
Regards,
Per Øyvind Karlsen