[nas] NAS with NCD explora 450's

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Aug 13 15:01:21 MDT 2007

Dave Richards wrote:
> I have 550 NCD Exploras that are going on Ebay soon.  Want to buy some? ;)

Whoa! no. :) I have 3. I think that will be enough. :D They're more fun-toys than anything.

> NAS works great with Exploras.   However, it has become harder and
> harder to find applications that will work with NAS.  There was that
> plugin that allowed you to redirect OSS stuff to NAS, but now most
> applications have moved to Alsa; and now seem to be moving to PulseAudio.

I thought ALSA supported NAS? (shows how much I've not been in this for
so long)

> The NAS daemon is running in NCDWare already, and all you do is point
> the clients to the remote display and it works.

Mmmm, when I get NCDware loaded back up on some machine, I'll get back to you
on that. :D

Hahah, this is funny how now that I'm thinking about it - all the stuff I used
to know how to do to - that I don't at the moment. It will definitely be memory
jarring. Hahaha

Thanks,

  -Ben

p.s. any others?