[nas] NAS with NCD explora 450's

Dave Richards drichard at largo.com
Mon Aug 13 15:02:27 MDT 2007

I have 550 NCD Exploras that are going on Ebay soon.  Want to buy
some? ;)

NAS works great with Exploras.   However, it has become harder and
harder to find applications that will work with NAS.  There was that
plugin that allowed you to redirect OSS stuff to NAS, but now most
applications have moved to Alsa; and now seem to be moving to
PulseAudio.

The NAS daemon is running in NCDWare already, and all you do is point
the clients to the remote display and it works.

dave

On Mon, 2007-08-13 at 15:42 -0500, Ben Kamen wrote:

> Is anyone here using NAS with the NCD explora 450's?
>
> The 450's have audio out and support sound, I've just never set it up
> and it's looking like I'm going to in my new pad with a nice linux server.
>
> So I thought I'd just ask to see what any of you might offer in terms of
> setup advice.
>
>  -Ben

Disclaimer:  According to Florida Public Records Law, email
correspondence to and from the City of Largo, including email addresses
and other personal information, is public record and must be made
available to the public and media upon request, unless otherwise exempt
by the Public Records Law.