[nas] Can't listen sound

ra ra at tux-edv.de
Mon Nov 27 02:19:15 MST 2006

Hello nas-list,

I have to realize VoIP over XTerminals ...
AudioDevices modules loading and devices are created: /dev/sound/dsp, mixer,
sequencer, adsp, audio

#auinfo:
Audio Server:           tcp/192.168.2.198:8000
Version Number:         2.2
Vendor:                 Network Audio System Release 1.7 - VoxWare
Vendor Release:         1
Min Sample Rate:        5000
Max Sample Rate:        44100
Max Tracks:             32
Number of Formats:      7
Formats:                ULAW8  LinearUnsigned8  LinearSigned8
                        LinearSigned16MSB  LinearUnsigned16MSB
                        LinearSigned16LSB  LinearUnsigned16LSB
Number of Elem Types:   12
Element Types:          ImportClient  ImportDevice  ImportBucket
                        ImportWaveForm  Bundle  MultiplyConstant  AddConstant
                        Sum  ExportClient  ExportDevice  ExportBucket
                        ExportMonitor
Number of Wave Forms:   2
Wave Forms:             Square  Sine
Number of Actions:      3
Actions:                ChangeState  SendNotify  Noop
Number of Devices:      3
    Device 0:
    Device 1:
        Changable:      Gain
        ID:             0x22
        Kind:           PhysicalOutput
        Use:            Export
        Format:         LinearSigned16LSB
        Num Tracks:     2
        Access:         Export  List
        Min Rate:       5000
        Max Rate:       44100
        Location:       Center  Internal
        Gain Percent:   50
        Num Children:   1
        Children:       0x21
    Device 2:

I can connect to Audioserver:

#auplay -i -audio 192.168.2.198:0 xxx.wav
      Filename: xxx.wav
   File Format: Microsoft WAVE
   Data Format: 8-bit unsigned linear
        Tracks: 1
     Frequency: 8000 Hz
      Duration: 5.75 seconds

xxx.wav
no errors ... all seems ok

But
I can't listen nothing!

How can I debug /dev/dsp device output. Or is there anybody who knows what
happens?

thanks a lot!
rainer