[nas] fw: depending on X11

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Fri Oct 14 10:59:18 MDT 2005

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Paul Fox wrote:

> >  	Also, if libaudio itself does not depend on Xt, then I agree, it
> > should not be linked to it.  I seem to recall a patch that added this some
> > time ago (1.4?) (by the debian maintainer?).  Should this link be severed?
> >

> i think the link should be severed.  i brought this up some time
> ago, but did nothing to help, i'm afraid.  you had some comments
> then which i'll include here -- is there an issue with
> authentication?

 	Well at the time I was thinking it could just be removed w/o ill
effect, but discovered that couldn't be done.  Perhaps the Xt stuff could
be moved into a speerate Xtaudio library.

 	As for authentication, it should be pretty self-contained.  We'll
just need to try it sometime and see what happens.

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad