[nas] nasd failed on suse 9.3

Koenig, Thomas tkoenig at freiverkehr.de
Fri Oct 14 00:38:24 MDT 2005

hi,

I try to get nas running on suse 9.3.
The soundcard without nas works fine.

if I try to startup nasd I get allways something like that:
config: ddaSetConfig() : unknown token 278, ignored
config: Maxfrags set to 3
config: Minfrags set to 2
config: Fragsize set to 256
config: Maxfrags set to 3
config: Minfrags set to 2
config: Fragsize set to 256
@(#)Network Audio System Release 1.7
@(#)Network Audio System Release 1.7
AuInitPhysicalDevices();
Init: will close device when finished with stream.
Init: will initialize mixer device options.
openDevice OUT /dev/audio mode 2
openDevice(1) IN /dev/audio mode 0
Input open(/dev/audio) failed: Device or resource busy, using output
device
setupSoundcard(...);
++ Setting up Output device (/dev/audio)
+++ requesting wordsize of 16, got 16
+++ requesting 2 channel(s), got 2 channel(s)
+++ Requesting minimum sample rate of 5000, got 5000
+++ Requesting maximum sample rate of 44100, got 44100
setTimer(rate = 0);
createServerComponents(...);
closeDevice: out
closeDevice OUT /dev/audio mode 2
closeDevice: mixer
serverReset();
setTimer(rate = 0);
closeDevice: out
closeDevice: output device already closed
closeDevice: mixer
closeDevice: mixerdevice already closed
 done.

with /dev/audio and /dev/dsp allways the same
/dev/dsp -> dsp0

if I use the default configuration I get
Output open(/dev/dsp1) failed: No such device.

do I need for NAS two Soundcards???

maybe you have some hints for me.

Thanks in advance

thomas