[nas] cc/gcc issues with imake on Solaris 8

rhfreeman at micron.com rhfreeman at micron.com
Wed Apr 14 06:37:37 MDT 2004

Hi all,

This is a bit of a dumb question, but bear with me!

Ok, I'm trying to compile NAS 1.6c under Solaris 8.

I run xmkmf as per normal, and it runs fine. The problem is, it tries to
use "cc" for everything. I've tried setenv CC gcc and the like, but it
hasn't helped. I even linked (the not working) cc to gcc but it didn't
help as it can't run with cc's options.

Way back here: http://nas.codebrilliance.com/nas/nas-ml/msg00180.html

Is a reference to the same problem. It doesn't really offer a solution,
I've tried hacking a few files and it hasn't helped. Is there anyway to
get xmkmf/imakefile to assume gcc instead of cc?

Can anyone else help me?

Thanks,

Rich