[nas] nasd, libaudioss, Wavesurfer

Erik Inge Bolsø knan at mo.himolde.no
Thu Apr 1 06:36:00 MST 2004

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, D. Sen wrote:
>I am using a laptop as a client to play sounds through a Lynx22 card on
>another desktop server. The server is running nasd. I use wavesurfer to
>play sounds of various formats and sampling rates on the laptop. My
>problem are the numerous "audiooss: buffer underrun" errors on the
>client laptop and associated distortions in the audio. Is there a way to
>tweak the buffer size or other methods to tune the system to minmize this?

Yes. Try upping buffer size in nasaudio.c and recompiling, for example. No
dynamic tuning here... yet.

And note that audiooss is maintained, but not actively developed by me
anymore. I'm not using it at work or at home these days, so I don't have
very much incentive. Someone using it actively is encouraged to step up
and take over.

(But if someone wants to sponsor further efforts, I'm open to offers.)

--
Erik I. Bolsø | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to