[nas] help with using sox with nas

sibusiso xolo sibxol at b-vol.co.uk
Wed Oct 2 06:00:52 MDT 2002

Greeetings

I am trying to route sound from a bt848 tv/radio card  (using v4l) to a remote
nas server:  I have done the  following:-
1) I have libaudiooss installed
3) the commands
 export AUDIOSERVER=remote:0.0  and
 export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/X11R6/lib/libaudiooss.so.1.0
are issued on  the local and remote hosts.

4) on the local host with the bt848 card  I use the sound routing/conversion
utility known as sox as follows:
sox -w -c 2 -r 44100 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp -t raw - | auplay -l

but nothing happens.  I would be grateful for any help ffrom nas users who
have used sox  with nas to convert and route sound .  If other  conversion
and routing  programs are available  that work with nas I would also like to
know.

Yours sincerely
Sibu Xolo