[nas] libao support for NAS?

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Mon Mar 25 15:23:09 MST 2002

 > Hmm, I'm confused.  A revisit to http://www.mpg123.de/ reveals that
 > mpg123 falls under the LGPL.  This isn't free???  I see also that

you're referring to this?

   18. May. 2001
	I changed the license of the 'mpglib' part. It's now under LGPL

i believe this only refers to the stuff under the mpglib directory,
where the readme says:

    COPYING: you may use this source under LGPL terms!
      (Yes, I switched to LGPL for the _mpglib_ part!)

the COPYING file in the main directory is much more stringent:

    Maybe I change the policy to GPL in the future ...
    But at the moment this is the policy:

    Copyright (c) 1995-99 by Michael Hipp, all rights reserved.
    Parts of the software are contributed by other people, please
    refer to the README file for details!

    DISTRIBUTION:
    This software may be distributed freely, provided that it is
    distributed in its entirety, without modifications, and with
    the original copyright notice and license included. You may
    distribute your own seperate patches together with this software
    package or a modified package if you always include a pointer
    where to get the original unmodified package. In this case
    you must inform the author about the modified package.
    The software may not be sold for profit or as "hidden" part of
    another software, but it may be included with collections

this was a surprise to me today too.

paul