[nas] Re: Configuring NAS and libaudiooss

Erik Inge Bolsø knan at mo.himolde.no
Thu Jan 24 09:33:01 MST 2002

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Janyne Kizer wrote:
>When I try to get sound from say, Flash, RealAudio or other programs
>that I know make sounds, no sound comes out of the speakers on the HMX.
>In the case of Flash, the program runs but now sound comes out of the
>speakers.  In the case of RealAudio I get an error that I am unable to
>reproduce from home with VNC, something about audio device is in use by
>another program though.

In general, when you get errors using something weird like this, enable
debugging and rebuild the program/lib. Case in point - edit audiooss.c and
change #define DSP_DEBUG 0 to #define DSP_DEBUG 1, recompile, make
install, ldconfig.

Then retry.

Is there any new, exciting debug output to be seen when you use f.ex.
sox, mpg123, sidplay or similar now ?

--
Erik I. Bolsø | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>
The UNIX philosophy basically involves giving you enough rope to