[nas] Writing Win9X NAS Server

Erik Inge Bolsø knan at mo.himolde.no
Tue Sep 12 15:46:59 MDT 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Arek Stegienko wrote:
>how the client and server communicate.  In other words a clear easy to
>understand list of what the client sends, how the server responds,
>etc.  I know that there's a protocol.txt file distributed with the
>current version of NAS, but I was hoping there's something simpler.  A
>simplified look at exactly what goes on from the point where the client
>tries to connect to the point where it starts to stream the audio
>info.

You're not the only one that would like something like that to exist. The
protocol.txt explains only data types, not the connection procedure or
what is sent when. As I'm considering writing a NAS server for AmigaOS
from scratch, not necessarily in C even, when some software upgrades and a
big fat rom kernel reference manual finally arrives, this would help my
efforts as well.

Any helpful gurus around here? :-)

--
Erik I. Bolsø | email: <knan at mo.himolde.no>