[nas] Writing Win9X NAS Server

Arek Stegienko harry.muscle at usa.net
Tue Sep 12 09:20:35 MDT 2000

I'm thinking of writing the first Win9X NAS Server.  I've got a bit of multimedia programming experience, so there shouldn't be any problem with the audio side, however, I've never dealt with network programming.  Therefore I was wondering if there's anyone out there that could make things easier for me by providing me with a simple layout of how the client and server communicate.  In other words a clear easy to understand list of what the client sends, how the server responds, etc.  I know that there's a protocol.txt file distributed with the current version of NAS, but I was hoping there's something simpler.  A simplified look at exactly what goes on from the point where the client tries to connect to the point where it starts to stream the audio info.  This way I won't have to go through the other server code trying to decipher things.  Thanks for any help.

Arek

P.S.  I don't currently subscribe to this mailing list so either just e-mail with the info, or post a reply and I'll be checking back soon.