[conquest] Can't start windows client!

Ingo Pussar ipussar at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:59:16 MDT 2010

Hi there,
I have trouble using the precompiled binary on a Windows XP machine, but
starting it using wine does work wonderful.
I did setup both variables according to INSTALL.TXT.
Starting the game results in opening a window to which nothing is drawn.
Debug output says "conquest.radscan.com: no such host". This is odd,
because the computer is perfectly connected to the network and "ping
conquest.radscan.com" also works.

I thought this could be a problem with the windows or router firewall
blocking UDP, but adding -u option doesn't help.

I attached the debug output.

Thank you for any help,
Ingo