[conquest] Conquest 8.0a (devel) is available
jon at radscan.com
Thu Jan 8 20:03:31 MST 2004
... on http://radscan.com/conquest.html
It corrects one fairly serious bug, several less serious ones,
adds snprintf() support, and adds support for Windows OS's using Cygwin.
Here's the history snippet:
- fixed rather serious problem with dead() handling. When you
were killed by an external (ship, sun, etc), you could get
stuck in dead() once your ship exploded.
For this reason, the public server at conquest.radscan.com
has been updated to this version.
- fixed a VACANT check in conquestd:newship(). It might
resolve an issue some users have seen where if their
connection is terminated unexpectedly, they cannot reconnect
to their ship for awhile ("already playing on another ship")
because conquestd thinks it's still alive and active.
If you still see this problem, let me know as well as a way
to reproduce it.
- fixed a stupid bug that prevented compilation on non-linux
- added some casts for sa_addr in the network connection
routines to eliminate some gcc warnings.
- force 1-byte alignment of the packet structs.
- a variety of other minor fixes and adjustments.
- Cygwin support under MS Windows (tested with XP):
- you will need the following cygwin packages to be
installed in addition to the development kit (gcc,
I think that is all, let me know if there are others I
- You will need to be sure ipc_daemon2 (part of the cygipc
package) is running before building/running conquest, or
you will get semget() errors.
Start it like so:
- added better mmap() check for cygwin systems. We don't
care about MAP_FIXED in Conquest anyways, so who cares if
it doesn't work.
- default to 'Users" conquest group for cygwin.
- isagod() checks pretty much disabled for conqoper. If you
can get a shell, you can run conqoper, as there is no
- deals with .exe extensions properly
- packet.c - clientPackets/serverPackets struct arrays
are statically defined and no longer exported. cygwin's
linker seems to have 'issues' with external references to
- sem.c - some changes to deal with unimplemented cygwin
- rxvt's choice of colors seems to be off... non-bold white
(from conquest's perspective) comes out as black. The
normal Cygwin console seems to work fine.
- added patches from Clint Adams, adding portable snprintf()
- fixed potential overrun (not a user exploitable one) in
clog() - now uses snprintf as well.
Jon Trulson mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
"I am Nomad." -Nomad
More information about the Conquest