[conquest] 8.0.1q is now available.
jon at radscan.com
Sun Dec 19 13:33:32 MST 2004
at the usual location,
This is probably a good one for server operators to upgrade to.
Here is the relevant portion of the release notes:
Version 8.0.1q 12/11/2004 (devel)
- another in a long line of 8.1 release candidates
- FEEDBACK messages (beaming/bombing, etc) are now sent
directly from the server rather than being enqueued into the
common block's message ring for later delivery. This avoids
alot of uneccessary lock contention, and makes sure the
client gets feedback messages quickly, without making a trip
through the common block.
- a server's client update interrupts are now blocked when a
lock is aquired, and unblocked when the lock is released.
This avoids some potential races that could cause a lock to
be held too long, or to be improperly interrupted.
- fixed a couple of problems with counting geno's. Reported
by Cat. Fed geno's were almost never counted properly.
- when couping, re-couped planets should not be marked
scannable by anything other than the coup'ing team.
- when cloaked and in orbit, approximate location data was not
available to other ships as it should be for any cloaked
ship that is moving.
- When a team is geno'd, all armies of that team still
residing on live ships are also destroyed. A message is
sent to a team when it is genocided notifying them of this.
- semaphore interface cleaned up
- fixed potential core in GL.c when padding message lines.
This could happen most often when getting (i)nfo or locking
onto a planet.
- recording/playback of planet 'realness' was broken. Now it
Jon Trulson mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
"I am Nomad." -Nomad
More information about the Conquest