[nas] nas: Multiple Vulnerabilities in nas 1.9.3

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Mon Oct 7 11:00:08 MDT 2013

On Mon, 7 Oct 2013, Erik Auerswald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 02:11:17PM -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
>> jon wrote:

>> > There's no urgency - we can wait till all the issues are settled.
>>
>> i dunno.  i'd think all the minix and amoeba os users would be pretty
>> impatient for these fixes!!  :-)
>
> There are CVE numbers[1] allocated for these issues, Ubuntu has
> released fixed packages, and fixed packages are in Debian Testing and
> Unstable, but no official NAS release.
>
> I have heard nothing substantial regarding client issues yet, so I'd
> suggest making a release of the current code. WDYT?
>
> [1] CVE-2013-4256
>    CVE-2013-4257
>    CVE-2013-4258

Agreed -- I was awaiting client issues as well, but I think we've
waited long enough :)  I will prepare a release for today/tonight.

Then I will begin looking at conversion from svn to git.

--
Jon Trulson

   "I am become Grey.  I stand between the Darkness, and the Light.
    Between the Candle, and the Star."
                - Delen