[nas] Problem with building NAS under Cygwin.

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Sat Jan 29 04:18:56 MST 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, Łukasz Czyż wrote:

>>  Hmm.  If I understand this right, then 'make World' works, it's make
>>  install that fails?
>>

> Yes, exactly.
>

>>  Maybe it's just the install phase that isn't working, even though
>>  everything else is built?
>>

> I don't know what do You mean exactly by this question. 'make World'
> returns 'Build of Network Audio System complete' message, as You can
> see in log file. But there is still no exe files in source directory
> after executing only 'make World' - it seems that 'make install'
> generates them.

   Well, for some reason it is telling you that 'make World' succeeded,
   even though looking at the log, it most certainly did not.

   Specifically, it seems that you do not have the X11 header files
   installed.  Please install the X11 development packages, which
   should include header files (like X11/Intrinsic.h, and many others1)
   and libraries.

   The make World should never have suceeded, so I am puzzled as to why
   make did not seem to 'see' those errors.  Unless you ran make with
   the '-i' option, it would seem there is a problem with cygwin's make.

   Once you have installed all of the x11 dev packages, please try
   again -- if it fails, send a new log.  Feel free to send it directly
   to me directly rather than the list.

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:jon at radscan.com

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.