[nas] Problem with building NAS under Cygwin.

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Thu Jan 27 23:31:49 MST 2011

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, Łukasz Czyż wrote:

>>  Do you have the flex (libfl) and bison (liby) packages installed?
>>

> Yes, I have them but in fact I installed them after I executed 'make
> World' first time when I saw that it complained it needed them. Then I
> installed these packages and after that I executed 'make World' once
> again and then execution of this command seemed to be ok - it returned
> "compilation successful" message at the end. But I started suspecting
> that maybe such behaviour could silently corrupt all compilation
> process and that is why I decided to completely remove NAS source
> directory, after that I extracted new one from tar, executed 'make
> World' again,  and then 'make install' again. Well, indeed this time
> 'make install' goes further but unfortunately it returns another
> error:
>
> ***************************************************************************************************
> <output omitted>
>
> install -c -m 0444 AuErrorDB /tmp/nas/usr/lib/X11/AuErrorDB
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `libaudio.dll.a', needed by
> `install'.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/czyz/nas-1.9.2/lib/audio'
> make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/czyz/nas-1.9.2/lib'
> make: *** [install] Error 2
> ***************************************************************************************************

   Hmm.  If I understand this right, then 'make World' works, it's make
   install that fails?

> So it seems that Makefile is corrupted. And now I am not sure if I use
> 'xmkmf' in proper way - I execute it without any parameters, in fact I
> do not know exactly what this command is responsible for.

   xmkmf is used to convert the initial Imakefile into a Makefile.

   Then 'make World' will essentially do the following:

   make Makefiles
   make clean
   make includes
   make depend
   make all

   Perhaps if you could do the following:

   make clean
   make World 2>&1 |tee mk.log

   and then send me the mk.log file so I can see what fails.

   Maybe it's just the install phase that isn't working, even though
   everything else is built?

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:jon at radscan.com

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.