[nas] mplayer and NAS

Darren dazdaz at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 06:18:21 MDT 2006

Hi Jon, thanks for your original reply.

I recompiled mplayer from the dag repository, which was'nt too
difficult and now network audio works

There is a little audio delay though, which i'm not sure where it
comes (CPU, network etc) from and the setup can probably be debugged a
little bit more, to improve the performance.

These are the options that I am using.

mplayer -ao nas -nojoystick -framedrop -stop-xscreensaver -cache 8192
-fs -zoom -quiet -monitoraspect 16:9 -vo x11 file.mpg

Does anyone have any tips to make the nas realtime or as close to as possible ?

Thanks,
Darren