[nas] NAS for Playstation 2 Linux

Dave Richards drichard at largo.com
Fri Apr 15 06:42:45 MDT 2005

All-
     I have completed that 'dumb little project' of porting NAS to Linux
on the Playstation 2. ;)  Everything compiled cleanly, and I'm going to
see if I can package an RPM and get it on the web.

    Since I have always used NCD terminals for NAS, I haven't spent much
time working with nasd.  I was able to get it running on the
Playstation.  The sound clips aren't working as expected however.  When
you play a sound it sounds like it's skipping, almost like a record
skipping.  Then after repeated tries, some that were working started
doing the same thing.

   If anyone has any nasd tricks or ideas, I would be happy to give them
a shot.   The sound system works perfectly on the PS2 from Linux using
the 'play' command, the sound comes right out the speaker of the
television.

  My ultimate goal is to use NAS and the libaudio stuff to redirect
sound from my Linux server back to the PS2.  Then I can XDM into the
bigger server and use the PS2 as a thin client at 1080i.

Thanks in advance, and I'll see if I can get that RPM built.

Dave