[nas] cc/gcc issues with imake on Solaris 8

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Tue Apr 27 10:06:16 MDT 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 rhfreeman at micron.com wrote:

> From: rhfreeman at micron.com
> Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 07:42:41 +0100
> Subject: RE: [nas] cc/gcc issues with imake on Solaris 8
> To: jon at radscan.com
> Cc: nas at canoemarathon.fsnet.co.uk, nas at radscan.com
> 	autolearn=no version=2.60

> > the running
> > >
> > > Here we go:
> > >

> > 	This looks like a kernel issue - the DRAIN ioctl should return
> > when the audio chips' tx buffer is empty.  A question, does the sounds
> > eventually play to completion, and then hang?
>
> Yes, that is what it always does. The sample is ~3 seconds long, it
> plays fully and then never returns. I then have to kill -9 nasd to do
> anything.

	It's a kernel problem then.

> > 	A hack would be to comment out the ioctl, however other problems
> > could then arise (like another flow changing the sample rate, etc...).
>
> That doesn't sound too good. I'll be bring this machine down in a couple
> of weeks and applying the latest Sun patch cluster, so unless anyone
> else has any suggestions I'll wait for this to see if it helps.
>
> If it doesn't, I presume it is a SunRay issue!

	I know someone on this list (can't remeber who off-hand) spent
some time getting sunray support to work in nas (adding support for Sunray
$AUDIODEV I believe).  He did not report these problems.  It's quite
possible an update would help...

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
"I am Nomad." -Nomad