[nas] cc/gcc issues with imake on Solaris 8

rhfreeman at micron.com rhfreeman at micron.com
Tue Apr 27 00:42:41 MDT 2004

> > > Yes. Wait for it to hang, then fire up ddd and attach to
> the running
> > > process, then try a debugger command like "where".
> >
> > Here we go:
> >

> 	This looks like a kernel issue - the DRAIN ioctl should return
> when the audio chips' tx buffer is empty.  A question, does the sounds
> eventually play to completion, and then hang?

Yes, that is what it always does. The sample is ~3 seconds long, it
plays fully and then never returns. I then have to kill -9 nasd to do
anything.

> 	A hack would be to comment out the ioctl, however other problems
> could then arise (like another flow changing the sample rate, etc...).

That doesn't sound too good. I'll be bring this machine down in a couple
of weeks and applying the latest Sun patch cluster, so unless anyone
else has any suggestions I'll wait for this to see if it helps.

If it doesn't, I presume it is a SunRay issue!

Rich