[nas] cc/gcc issues with imake on Solaris 8

rhfreeman at micron.com rhfreeman at micron.com
Fri Apr 16 05:04:16 MDT 2004

> > Wow, thanks for that. I've now got 1.6 to compile!
> >
> > I tried 1.6c also, but it fails to compile:
> >
> > gcc -fpcc-struct-return -c   -I../../include -I/usr/openwin/include
> > -Dsun -Dsparc -DSVR4 -DSYSV   -DXTHREADS  -D_REENTRANT
> > -DMALLOC_0_RETURNS_NULL  -Os -DTCPCONN -DUNIXCONN ConnSvr.c
> > ConnSvr.c:1828: conflicting types for `XauGetBestAuthByAddr'
> > /usr/openwin/include/X11/Xauth.h:137: previous declaration of
> > `XauGetBestAuthByAddr'
> >
> > Not important, but I thought I'd report it anyway.
> >
> > Now, I suppose I best see if I can get it to work!
>

> 	I see this to on an oldish sol8 box at work.  It's pre-R5
> compatibility.  I removed the #if block that contains the erroneous
> prototype in ConnSvr.c, and the rest should build and run fine...

Yup, I did that and it does work fine. Cool. :)

Anyway, now a bug I've found. This happens in 1.6 and 1.6c. So I start
nasd -aa and do the setenv AUDIOSERVER as necessary.

I can then run auinfo lots of time and it works just fine. I then used
audemo to play a .wav file. It plays the sound file the first time, and
then nasd hangs and any attempt to play the file again fails.. At this
point auinfo also refuses to work, and nasd simply has to be killed.

This is on a Solaris 8 server with the sound coming out on a Sunray!

If anyone can help me, it'd be appericated. I've attached a truss log of
nasd. This is from pressing play in audemo till it hanging.

Thanks,

Rich