[nas] NAS 1.5g (devel) is now available

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Tue Oct 8 20:12:29 MDT 2002

On 8 Oct 2002, Raymond Toy wrote:

> Date: 08 Oct 2002 14:31:27 -0400
> From: Raymond Toy <toy at rtp.ericsson.se>
> To: Jon Trulson <jon at xig.com>
> Cc: jon at radscan.com, nas at radscan.com
> Subject: Re: [nas] NAS 1.5g (devel) is now available

> The code was written long ago by someone else.  I'm just a luser. :-)
>
> It uses SoundFileInfo in exactly 2 spots:
>
>   if ((s->formatInfo = SndOpenDataForReading ((Char_Binary *) data, length)) != NULL)
>     {
>       if (!((int(*)(Sound))(SoundFileInfo[SoundFileFormatSnd].toSound)) (s))
> 	{
>
> and
>
>   else if ((s->formatInfo = WaveOpenDataForReading ((Char_Binary *) data, length)) != NULL)
>     {
>       if (!((int(*)(Sound))(SoundFileInfo[SoundFileFormatWave].toSound)) (s))
> 	{
>
> Can you recommend the correct solution?

	Well... heh... Looks like they a trying to determine the format of
a chunk of audio data, then using this contruct to fill in the Sound
structure... presumably later on calling AuSoundPlayFromData to play
it?  Can I see the whole file?  Hopefully there is another way to do this.

> I guess fixing this should take care of this issue once and for all,
> for all versions of nas.

	I hope so ;-)

> I know, so I rebooted just to be sure and checked before starting
> nasd.  Nothing showed up.  It does, I think, eventually give on 8000
> and then binds a unix domain socket or something like that.

	Hmm... 'netstat -a' show anyhting listening on the port?

> If you want, I can send the relevant parts of strace to you.  I don't
> know very much about sockets.

	That might prove useful too.

[...]

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.