[nas] NAS 1.5g (devel) is now available

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Mon Oct 7 22:54:36 MDT 2002

	... at http://radscan.com/nas.html

	This should be the final dev release... Unless there are serious
problems, I'd like to go with this one in 2 weeks.

	I haven't addressed the HPUX build issue(s), as the further I look
into it, the more it seems I will need access to a machine to figure out
what is going on.  Either that, or someone with programming experience and
an HPUX box will need tackle it.

	Here is the relevant snippet from the CHANGES file:

1.5g    10/7/2002

	- changed inputsection defaults in nasd.conf.eg to 44.1Khz, 2
          channel 16b sound.

	  outputsection also defaults to 44.1Khz now, instead of 33Khz.

	- began some CC ANSI'fication of libaudio.  So far only a
          couple of files have been 'upgraded' just to see what the
          implications are.  It's going to be a bitch ;-) And there is
          the likelyhood of introducing errors, so I'll get a stable
          release out first before finishing this task.  The result
          however should be worth it.  I've a feeling a few obscure
          bugs will be found and fixed doing this.

	- some cleanup in server/os/utils.c and server/include/os.h.
          removing K&R style prototype decls, #including unistd.h, and
          setting Xalloc() et. al. to use proper void * rather than
          unsigned longs.

	- changed hardcoded '-L/usr/X11R6/lib' for REQUIRED libs in
	  lib/audio/Imakefile to '-L$(USRLIBDIR)'

	- it doesn't have the HPUX 11 build fixes - I think I will
          really need access to a machine, or someone who does have
          access to one and wants to fix the build, in order to solve
          this... The bcopy problem seems to be in the HPUX X11
          config/ stuff.

	- We really should release this one unless there are big
          problems. ;-)

[...]

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Bad Color Temperature, Too much Peach.