[nas] Re: playing audio CDs with nas

sibusiso xolo sibxol at b-vol.co.uk
Wed Oct 2 12:50:28 MDT 2002

Many Thanks,

Tobas wrote:
> cdparanoia -d /dev/cdrom -B 1- - | LD_PRELOAD=libaudiooss.so AUDIOSERVER=:0
> sox -t raw -r 44100 -c 2 -w -s - -t ossdsp /dev/dsp

It worked OK.   There are  gaps  in the sound where it reports  audiooss:
buffer underrun.  I  read the man page for cdrparanoia and tried varying a
few setting but I have not yet been able to get rid of the gaps. I will read
the man pages for sox to see if there are settings to be rid the sound-gaps.
In the mean time if you find a solution please let me know.

Thanks and regards
Sibu