[nas] Problems with RealOne Player

Dave Richards drichard at largo.com
Thu Jan 31 07:47:26 MST 2002

What I am seeing is that if I start the RealOne player  without the sound
redirection stuff running, that it comes up and say that it was unable to
access the sound device.  You are then able to get into the RealOne player
and access the configuration areas and all of the pulldowns work.  As soon
as you activate NAS in an attempt to redirect sound, the RealOne player
totally locks along with every window on the terminal.  Eventually it times
out and then RealOne dies.

I've never seen an application make the terminals act like this before.
It's almost like it is just flooding the terminal in an attempt to open NAS
and no other network activity is allowed until it times out.

Anyone else have NCD's to try it?

Dave