[nas] Re: Configuring NAS and libaudiooss

Tobias Diedrich td at informatik.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jan 23 12:33:09 MST 2002

Janyne Kizer wrote:

> Right.  I could get sound on the HMX with just NAS installed.  I
> installed libaudiooss in an attempt to get sound from other applications
> like flash.  I was testing with midi synth and a few other sound making
> applications.  This works whether or not I've done "export
> AUDIOSERVER=myterm:0.0" and always fails after "export
> LD_PRELOAD=/user/X11R6/lib/libaudiooss.so.1.0."  The error is "error
> while loading shared libraries:  libaudio.so.2: cannot open shared
> object file:  No such file or directory."  I have checked and
> libaudio.so.2 does exist in /usr/X11R6/lib.  This was not in my path.  I
> added it to my path and I continue to get this error after "export
> LD_PRELOAD."

The linker can't find libaudio...
Interesting if it works fine with auplay.

What is the output of "ldd `which auplay`" and
"ldd /usr/X11R6/lib/libaudiooss.so.1.0" ?

libaudio should be in a directory that is in the dynamic linkers path
(which is different from your $PATH), otherwise you have to either set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH (which is discouraged IIRC) or change the makefile...
(i.e /usr/local/lib is usually not in the linkers path)

--
Tobias Diedrich							PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC
Systemadministration IfI-A