[nas] Some problems with SunRay

Andy Stewart - Volume Server Products Group andy.stewart at sun.com
Wed Oct 10 15:23:33 MDT 2001

HI everybody,

I have tried version 1.4.2b and have noticed a couple of improvements,
but there are also some problem (unless, of course, *I'm* doing
something wrong, which is entirely possible).

I can now successfully play .au files with auplay that are as large as
1.4 MB in size!  I could not do this previously.

However, the auplay program never successfully returns to the command
prompt if the file being played is larger than about 14 kBytes.  This
event seems to hang the nasd server, requiring it to be killed and
restarted.  The nasd server sits there thus:

	ioctl(6, AUDIO_DRAIN, 0x00000000) (sleeping...)

I am running Solaris 7 when I invoke auplay, but the nasd process is
running on the SunRay server which is running Solaris 8.

What other information can I provide to help debug this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

        /\
       \\ \         Andy Stewart
      \ \\ /        Volume Server Products Group
     / \/ / /       Sun Microsystems Inc.
    / /   \//\      1 Network Drive, BUR03-202
    \//\   / /      Burlington, MA  01803-0903
     / / /\ /       Telephone (877) 921-4532
      / \\ \        Sun Internal:  x68001
       \ \\         Email: andy.stewart at sun.com
        \/