[nas] another patch for auplay

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Tue Jan 30 13:22:09 MST 2001

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, R. P. Channing Rodgers, M.D. wrote:

> Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:28:18 -0500 (EST)
> From: "R. P. Channing Rodgers, M.D." <rodgers at nlm.nih.gov>
> To: pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us, jon at radscan.com
> Cc: nas at radscan.com
> Subject: Re: [nas] another patch for auplay
>

> > On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Paul Fox wrote:
> >
> > > From: Paul Fox <pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us>
> > > To: jon at radscan.com
> > > Subject: [nas] another patch for auplay
[...]

> Don't know what Paul is using, but I'm interested in using the recently
> released sphinx code from CMU for such applications.  Just got it going
> on our SPARTC/Solaris platform thanks to the kindness of Heidi Fox of
> Brown Univ. who shared her patches for Solaris.  I believe the original
> release supports Linux already:
>
>    http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/sphinx/
>    http://sourceforge.net/projects/cmusphinx/

	How well does it work?  From what I saw on the sourceforge list,
it doesn't seem to work too well...

> I'm hopeful that folks on this list can sort out the interesting
> problems that have been discussed in the past few days with respect
> to making network-distributed audio services more flexible and robust
> to better enable systems like festival, for the text-to-speech end of
> things.

	Well, festival supports NAS natively, and quite well...  I would
think sphinx could be made to as well without too much diffuculty...

Jon Trulson    mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Free Mars!