[conquest] Conquest 8.0.1 (stable) is now available
jon at radscan.com
Sat Jan 17 16:55:27 MST 2004
at the usual place:
It corrects a serious problem in dead() that could hang the client
when you were killed. A lot of other minor issues were adressed as well.
It also adds Cygwin support for MS Windows users. Both server and
client are fully functional.
Here is the release snippet:
Version 8.0.1 1/17/2004
- fixed rather serious problem with dead() handling. When you
were killed by an external (ship, sun, etc), you could get
stuck in dead() once your ship exploded.
I recommend that server operators upgrade to this version.
- cleaned up some logic that should allow conquestd to handle
unexpected client disconnects better.
- fixed a VACANT check in conquestd:newship(). It might
resolve an issue some users have seen where if their
connection is terminated unexpectedly, they cannot reconnect
to their ship for awhile ("already playing on another ship")
because conquestd thinks it's still alive and active.
If you still see this problem, let me know as well as a way
to reproduce it.
- fixed a stupid bug that prevented compilation on non-linux
- added some casts for sa_addr in the network connection
routines to eliminate some gcc warnings.
- force 1-byte alignment of the wire packet structs to avoid
- a variety of other minor fixes and adjustments.
- added patches from Clint Adams, adding portable snprintf()
- Cygwin support under MS Windows (tested with XP):
- read README.cygwin for cygwin requirements and information.
- added better mmap() check for cygwin systems. We don't
use MAP_FIXED in Conquest anyways, so we don't care if it
- default to 'Users" conquest group for cygwin.
- isagod() checks pretty much disabled for conqoper under
cygwin. If you can get a shell, you can run conqoper, as
there is no root user.
- deals with .exe extensions properly
- packet.c - clientPackets/serverPackets struct arrays
are statically defined and no longer exported. cygwin's
linker seems to have 'issues' with external references to
- sem.c - some changes to deal with unimplemented cygwin
- rxvt's choice of colors seems to be off... non-bold white
(from conquest's perspective) comes out as black. The
normal Cygwin console seems to work fine.
Jon Trulson mailto:jon at radscan.com
ID: 1A9A2B09, FP: C23F328A721264E7 B6188192EC733962
PGP keys at http://radscan.com/~jon/PGPKeys.txt
"I am Nomad." -Nomad
More information about the Conquest