[nas] NAS freezing up

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Thu Apr 11 07:46:37 MDT 2013

On (10/04/13 08:39), Paul Fox <pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us> put forth the proposition:
>erik wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 05:26:26AM +0100, David Woodfall wrote:
> > > I've been using nas a while now and I'm finding that it seems to
> > > freeze up at times. It happens randomly and is hard to predict. I have
> > > to kill -9 it, restart it, hit play on umplayer to continue watching.
> > >
> > > Is there any way of debugging this? I've tried running it with verbose
> > > but nothing is showing in the console.
> >
> > By default, all logging is via syslog. There is a debug option available as
> > well that increases the info over verbose.

I can't see anything useful in the log even with debug at 99.. there's
also nothing useful in mplayer output. I may have a go at an strace
although I fear the strace log is going to huge since it happens maybe
every other movie or so.

I never saw this behaviour until I upgraded my old media box from an
old Athlon XP 32bit to a new dual core 64bit machine. I'm wondering if
it's a hardware or even network problem. Not quite sure where to look
at the moment.