[nas] Problem with building NAS under Cygwin.

Łukasz Czyż perlowy.dzem at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 05:25:42 MST 2011

>  Do you have the flex (libfl) and bison (liby) packages installed?

Yes, I have them but in fact I installed them after I executed 'make
World' first time when I saw that it complained it needed them. Then I
installed these packages and after that I executed 'make World' once
again and then execution of this command seemed to be ok - it returned
"compilation successful" message at the end. But I started suspecting
that maybe such behaviour could silently corrupt all compilation
process and that is why I decided to completely remove NAS source
directory, after that I extracted new one from tar, executed 'make
World' again,  and then 'make install' again. Well, indeed this time
'make install' goes further but unfortunately it returns another
error:

<output omitted>

install -c -m 0444 AuErrorDB /tmp/nas/usr/lib/X11/AuErrorDB
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `libaudio.dll.a', needed by
`install'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/czyz/nas-1.9.2/lib/audio'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/czyz/nas-1.9.2/lib'
make: *** [install] Error 2

So it seems that Makefile is corrupted. And now I am not sure if I use
'xmkmf' in proper way - I execute it without any parameters, in fact I
do not know exactly what this command is responsible for.

If any of You could give me advice I would appreciate.