[nas] nas on Mac OS X?

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Jan 26 08:54:17 MST 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Erik Auerswald wrote:

> Hi Ray,

>>> Hm, the same happens on linux, but linking to Xt suffices to link Xau.
>> To be honest, I don't really understand shared libs on OS X.  otool
>> shows that -lXt does depend on -lXau.  Don't know what's going on with this.
>
> Well, I don't know enough about shared libs nor Mac OS to explain this,
> either...

   It's magic I tells ya! :)

>>> In NetAudio.tmpl we have:
>>> #define SharedLibAudio          SharedLibX

[...]

>>> But SharedLibX is not mentioned anywhere in /usr/lib/X11/config/. There
>>> is a definition for SharedLibX11 and changing NetAudio.tmpl to use this
>>> instead of SharedLibX results in linking dynamically against libaudio.
>>>
>>> Ray, could you test if this works for you as well? See the attached patch.
>> Yes, this works.  The sample clients are linked against shared libaudio
>> and everything works.  And, surprisingly, -lXau isn't on the link
>> command.  otool indicates the libaudio depends on -lXau, so that's
>> working as expected.
>
> Great! Thanks for testing. :-)
>
> Now I know that I can test my changes on linux. I'll try to find a generic
> solution without breaking older systems (assuming that once upon a time
> SharedLibX and friends were actually used).

  Can you guys try the attached patch and see if this works properly?  I
  am now getting shared libaudio built on linux in my case now.

  And yes, once upon a time, SharedLibX was used.  Way back in the
  before-times, long-long ago :)

  This is a diff against current svn.  If it works for you, I'll commit
  it.

--
Jon Trulson
mailto:jon at radscan.com

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.