[nas] nas on Mac OS X?

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Sun Jan 23 21:34:22 MST 2011

On Sun, 23 Jan 2011, Raymond Toy wrote:

> On 1/23/11 11:33 AM, Erik Auerswald wrote:
>> Hi Ray,

>>> [...]
>>> I don't have another host with audio.
>> Really? Then where are you tunneling to using SSH? ;-)

   Hi!

> I think we misunderstood each other.  I was trying to run audemo and
> friends on OSX and setting the server to be my linux box.  But that
> wasn't working because I was having problems tunneling the audio server
> ports from OSX to my linux box.

   That's confusing me too - you should not need to use any tunneling
   to connect a nas client to a nas server.  As long as the client and
   server can talk to each other on the network, ssh tunneling
   shouldn't be needed, and my add latency.

   But hey, if it's working... :)

> As I mentioned, I got that working, and it works just fine.  It would be
> cool to go the other way, but for that I'd need a server on my Mac.

   Yes - as has been mentioned, there is no native nas server for OSX.
   I looked at portaudio - it seems like it could do te jobs (with some
   limitations) based on a quick review of the API.

   Personally, if I had an OSX machine sitting here, I'd use CoreAudio
   so as to avoid dependance on another library.  But, it may work fine
   for you.

   Be sure and send me the patch when done :)

--
Jon Trulson                      | A828 C19D A087 F20B DFED
mailto:jon at radscan.com           | 67C9 6F32 31AB E647 B345

"When the Moon is in the Seventh House, and Jupiter aligns with Mars,
  then peace will guide the planets, and love will steer the stars."
             - "Aquarius", The 5th Dimension