[nas] nas on Mac OS X?

Erik Auerswald auerswal at unix-ag.uni-kl.de
Sun Jan 23 09:33:32 MST 2011

Hi Ray,

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 10:47:26AM -0500, Raymond Toy wrote:
> On 1/23/11 10:33 AM, Erik Auerswald wrote:
> [...]
> >> After that, all the clients linked.  They appear to run, but without a
> >> server on OSX, I can't test.  And I'm also having some problems getting
> > You can test against a server on a different host... ;-)
> I don't have another host with audio.

Really? Then where are you tunneling to using SSH? ;-)

> But I solved my ssh issue and
> tunneling and audemo running on my Mac correctly sends audio to my Linux
> box.  That's cool.
> >> ssh forwarding of the nas ports from my OSX box to my linux box so that
> >> I can run the client on OSX and the server on linux to listen to the audio.
> > For testing purposes there should be no need to tunnel NAS traffic through
> > SSH.
> How would I do that?  (Mostly just curious since I have tunneling
> working.)  There's no local nasd on my Mac.  I think my Mac is configure
> to allow just ssh.  Not telnet/rlogin.

The NAS clients need to connect to a NAS server. The server can be
on a different host. You can use the -audio option or the AUDIOSERVER
environment variable:

Mac-Bash$ audemo -audio linux.box:0
Mac-Bash$ AUDIOSERVER=linux.box:0 audemo

Regards,
Erik
--
Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability.
                        -- Edsger W. Dijkstra