[nas] NAS 1.9.2 (stable) is now available

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Sat Mar 7 23:33:04 MST 2009

  NAS 1.9.2 (stable) is available.  It contains some fairly minor
  bugfixes, so I did not think a 'devel' release was warranted.  I'll
  probably be proven wrong :)

     Source tarball:
     http://downloads.sourceforge.net/nas/nas-1.9.1.src.tar.gz

     SVN tagged release:
     http://nas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/nas/tags/nas-1.9.2

     SVN current (possibly unstable) development:
     http://nas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/nas/trunk

  Here's the intriguing history of this release:

   Version 1.9.2 (stable) 03/07/2009

   - overdue 1.9.2 release.

   - patch from Aleksey Cheusov:

     "fix for "libpthread: Unlocking unlocked mutex" seen on NetBSD-4"

     libaudio: OpenSvr.c: The server mutex was being unlocked, even
     though it was never locked in the first place.

   - Hugo Vanwoerkom reported thousands of diagnostics in his syslog:
     "doSetup: elementRate == 0! Forcing to 5000".  Fix doSetup to only
     warn about this when the debug level is above 10.

   - auerswald:

     document syslog usage

     use syslog if running as a daemon, stderr otherwise

     add syslog-usage-change to HISTORY file

   - steve_mcintyre:

     Minor man page fix ported from the Debian packages.

     Multiple minor portability changes ported over from the Debian
     packages. Cope with Hurd and GNU/KFreeBSD and other systems using
     glibc

   - apply patch from sourceforge user moinakg:

     Libaudio is built with missing linker flags on OpenSolaris like
     missing lXt, so it results in symbol not found errors at runtime.
     I am including an Imakefile patch below that fixed this.

--
Happy cheese in fear                 | Jon Trulson
against oppressor, rebel!            | mailto:jon at radscan.com
Brocolli, hostage.       -Unknown    | A828 C19D A087 F20B DFED