[nas] nas and adobe's libflashsupport

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Wed Apr 22 14:04:38 MDT 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Paul Fox wrote:

> i wrote:
> > the patch is attached, binary lib is available here:
> >     http://www.foxharp.boston.ma.us/tmp/libflashsupport.so
> >
> > i don't claim to know much about nas client programming -- i suspect
> > i'm literally at the "knows just enough to be dangerous" level.
>
> i should add:
>
> this needs to go into a standard lib path, like /usr/lib.  using
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH didn't seem to work for me.  you'll probably need
> to set env var FLASH_FORCE_NAS to non-null to keep the lib from
> choosing native audio.  (and if you turn on FLASH_AUDIODEBUG, you'll
> get far too much output -- still need to clean that up.)  other than
> that, there's no config -- the adobe flash plugin will find it and
> run it the first time you try and play flash audio.

   Already figured out the env vars needed.  It works pretty well,
   though there is at least one issue I ran across.  I'm using firefox
   3.x (latest) as well as the latest flash player available for
   linux.

   I was testing using http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45or5ZVW9Jw

   Occasionally while switching streams, I'd get:

Audio Error of failed request:  BadImplementation (server does not implement operation)
   Major opcode of failed request:  0 ()
   Serial number of failed request:  11371

   If I terminated the tab (X), usually I would get a bunch of these
   errors and the browser would hang (until I killed nasd, in which
   case the browser crashes).

   Before terminating nasd, it would be running in a loop as if the
   flow was still active, even no data was being sent of course.

   Did you see this?

   A very promising start though :)

--
Happy cheese in fear                 | Jon Trulson
against oppressor, rebel!            | mailto:jon at radscan.com
Brocolli, hostage.       -Unknown    | A828 C19D A087 F20B DFED