[nas] pulseaudio integration

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Mon Feb 11 13:27:58 MST 2008

dave wrote:
 > I'm using padsp extensively to thin clients and it's working well.  As
 > more and more applications move to PULSE, I'm removing the shim and
 > allowing the application to directly output sound.
 >
 > Flash and mplayer are using native PULSE, and the GNOME desktop is using
 > ESOUND.

have you tried running "padsp nasd"?  you probably haven't had a reason
to -- just curious.  i have a bunch of scripts and audio sources that
use NAS explicitly, so unless i convert them all to using alsa (or
pulseaudio "native"?  is there such a thing?) client tools, i need a
way to bridge from the nas world to the PA world.

paul